WE BET YOU DON’T KNOW THESE SEVEN BRANDING STATS
6th March 2017
You’ve started your company, you run a business… but what about this thing people keep going on about called branding?
For many business owners, their “brand” is a difficult concept to pin down. It seems a bit airy fairy: why would a logo create more sales? (Why wouldn’t it!?)
But put simply, your brand isn’t just about a logo or a brand. It includes all the ways your company relates to its clients and the general public. So that’s everything from your logo, the letter head you use, through to the way you communicate with your clients, the ads you run, the sales documents you send out — and even the quality of the products you produce.
Over the next few weeks we’ll return to the subject regularly as branding is – as you might imagine — increasingly something we do here at Start Digital: for small companies and large.
Those stats broken down!
- Content gets 87% more engagement when shared by employees. (So get the staff Tweeting now!)
- Research in the US suggests that 60% of millennials expect consistent experiences when dealing with brands online, in-store or by phone.
- 92% of people trust recommendations from individuals (even if they don’t know them) rather than a brand. (So they’ll take your auntie’s neighbour’s word for what makes a good tennis shoe before Adidas! Which is kinda interesting!)
- Colour increases brand recognition by up to 80%. (There’s a reason why Coke’s logo is red and white!)
- Global brands spend 45-75% of their social media time on Facebook. (Say what you like about Zuk’s empire, it is still the place to be.)
- 45% of a brand’s image can be attributed to what it says and how it says it. (That’s right, nothing to do with the logo at all!)
- 54% of people actually don’t trust brands. (At all. So bear that one in mind too!)